Fact Sheet: Advanced Trucking Technology
Advanced trucking technology like platooning will make freight safer and more efficient.
- Platooning technology allows trucks to closely follow each other under safe conditions.
- Trucks communicate with one another, creating zero reaction time for braking, and thus improving road safety.
- Platoons improve truck aerodynamics, reducing fuel costs and environmental impact.
- Collision mitigation systems engage in the event of dangerous roadway obstructions or manual failures.
- Blind spot notifications and emergency braking systems can act autonomously to prevent accidents.
- Lane departure warning sensors alert drivers if the vehicle drifts out of the intended path.
- Predictive maintenance technologies ensure equipment is fully functional so deliveries are on time and drivers are safe behind the wheel.
- Systems like tire pressure monitoring systems ensure equipment is safe for our roadways.
- On-the-road diagnostics allow truck operators to optimize driving behaviors for maximum fuel efficiency.